Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hair-y situations...

I've never been one of those women that made sure to be at the salon every six weeks to freshen my cut. I do mean never. I'm notorious for getting a super cute cut and letting it grow out.

I came from a home that didn't spend a lot, if any, on a haircut. For as long as I can remember, my mom gave us haircuts; my dad gave my mom haircuts; and my dad, well, he used a Flowbee. How many of you remember those?? When I got older, I'd spruce up mom's straight-across-the-bottom style by cutting bangs, but I was a Junior in high school before I visited a salon on my own. Sad, but true.

These days, I don't seem to have the time, money, or want to (honestly) to go to a salon. I cut my husband's and son's hair at home and have had my grandmother or mother-in-law cut my hair.

Tonight, I decided to venture out on my own. Armed with my laptop, YouTube, my shears, and some nerve; I decided to cut my own hair. It took a while, mostly watching video over and over, but I did it! I'm super pleased, too! I will be trying this again.

Just goes to show you can do anything you put your mind to.




No comments:

Post a Comment