Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Exciting news!

My website is up!! You can view it here:

www.amberjohnsonphotog.com

I'm excited to launch it and add one more thing to my business. Things are really taking off and I've got clients lining up. I still love landscape/city scale photography and get to do a lot of that this week. It will be nice to go back to my beginnings.

I've been battling a little demon lately. I've put so much hard work into creating this business and doing something that I love. It's a slap in the face when others don't see what you've put in. 

I will be honest, prior to my first gig, I had no idea how exhausting the photography business could be. I work 55+ hours a week and come home to pour myself into my passion; my dream. Basically, I'm working two full time jobs. I stay up late to finish edits, eyes so dry I can barely see, just to get product back to my client faster. I put the money I do receive back into the business, because those kinds of things aren't handed to me. I work for all I've got. I work to provide for my family. I'm lucky that Mr. Ber has been so supportive. He's really pushed me to follow my dream. 

It's always been hard to accept compliments, kind words, etc; but you know what? I'm really damn good at what I do. That's what matters. I am good at what I do. I feel good about what I do. I make others happy. 

I'm proud of where I've been. I'm proud if where I am. I'm proud of where I'm going. I have an amazing support structure and so many people that believe in what I'm doing. 

This is in my blood. It's what I'm supposed to be doing. 

Tomorrow, we're taking off on a road trip and I get to start my 67 project. I'm so excited!! I can't wait to go and I can't wait to get back and edit. 

I hope you all have a great week!

"It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." - Herman Melville

Go. Do. Create and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment