Friday, August 24, 2012

August

I'm going to take a moment to vent. I apologize in advance...

It's been a hell of a month! August is almost over and I feel beat down, mentally and physically. I can't count the hours I've actually seen my family, there have been so few, because of work. We had our yearly inventory this month. It always beats me down. This was my first in my new position and being a salaried member of management meant they could work me to death. Most days I went in before anyone was awake and came home to quickly eat and go back to bed. On top of all this we've been trying to plan a surgery for my husband's grandfather and and trying to find assisted living housing for his grandfather and my grandmother. There's also been a looming court date (nothing either of us did, but effects us) and numerous other things. It's hard to run a house, work, take care of family members, and all that jazz where you're exhausted...and we are!

There are people in our lives that don't understand this and seem to think that everything comes back to them. Every comment I make, or we make, is not always about any one person in particular. I'm at a boiling point and I don't want to be there. I was hoping to transition smoothly back into some kind of normal after this week and it doesn't appear to be on the horizon.

I'll keep holding my head up and looking for the light at the end of this twisted tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment