Sunday, August 12, 2012

Change

I've been thinking about making some life changes for some time now. The last few months have been hard on me at work, both emotionally and physically. I will soon be 28 and I wake up most mornings feeling like I'm 50. Most of this can be attributed to work. I have been with the same company for nearly 9 years now. I'm in retail management and spend most of my 10+ hour shifts walking concrete floors. In the last few months I've really noticed the toll it's taking on my body. Quite frankly, I need a break. Sadly, that won't be happening any time soon.

One of the perks of my job is that I get to work with my best friend. She, too, chose the same "career" path that I did. We're both second guessing ourselves. Maybe it's something that naturally happens at our age. Maybe 30 makes every female reevaluate their lives. Whatever may be causing it, I'm paying attention.

I regret dropping out of college. It wasn't for me at the time and by 23 I was making pretty good money. I wasn't concerned then. Now, it seems difficult to find anything that isn't retail or customer service without a degree. So, I've decided to go back. It's time to move forward. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait to return, but I'm going back!

I laid it on my husband today. Being the awesome person that he is, he said, "Let's do it!" Knowing I have his support makes everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment