Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dirty Thirty

I remember my 21st birthday well. It was all around terrible, but I'm over that. My 25th is a blur. I had a 3 month old and all my time was spent on him. I will be 28 in a couple of months and I'm getting the "I'm nearly 30" jitters. I wouldn't change my life. Nothing at all. Ive learned a lot of lessons along the way and have become the (awesome) person that I am today. That being said, there are things that I thought would be different. Ok, not so many things, but things... I was sure I would know by now what I wanted to be when I grew up. I work retail management. More often than not, I really love my job. I have some serious responsibilities and some days it feels that the fate of my workplace depends on what I have or haven't done. I've realized, though, that this isn't my career. This is not the place I will be retiring from. I won't let that happen. Surely, by the time you're 30 you really know what to do with your life. Right? Someone tell me I'm right! I also wish I would have stuck with school. I'm not sure that it would have changed where I am now, but I wish I had gotten my degree. I had a person throw this in my face once. Funny thing is, I am much farther in life than they are. Eventually, I will get a degree. Two years ago I was walking 2-3 miles a day. I should have stayed with it. I was doing so well and I kick myself when I think of where I'd be had I kept trucking. I will start again. I will. I can't afford not to finally get in shape. My family deserves it. I deserve it. I will do it!

"You're only as strong as your weakest link."

I am my strongest supporter and my most negative. It's time to snap out of it, get my ass in gear, and do it! I need to make a "30 Before 30" list. I have a short time to complete it, but the motivation to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment