Tuesday, January 8, 2013

52 Week Challenge

If you're anything like me, you're always looking for a way to save some money. In our household, my husband takes care of the checking/savings account. That's just the way I like it. Well, that is until I want to purchase something. I hate taking anything extra out of our account for myself. That money is family money, not Ber money. It's hardest for me when I want to purchase something for Mr. Ber. I'm pretty sure I've found the solution, though!

As always, I was puttering around Pinterest when I came across the 52 Week Challenge from Saving a Buck! I'm in love with this idea and it fits perfectly into the allowance that Mr. Ber and I have set up for ourselves. We have been lucky enough to have pay checks fall opposite of one another, so every week there's money coming in. Each week we take $60 a piece for whatever we may want to purchase. It's worked well for us, but I save very little of it. I've decided I'm going to give this a try. I think it's going to work well for me and I may even get my husband to try it, too. I'll keep you all posted on my (our) progress!

Are you going to take the challenge?


No comments:

Post a Comment