Saturday, January 19, 2013

Super Cute Anything Organizer


I'm always looking for new storage ideas. What can I say? I am my mother's child. I originally got the idea from this pin and had to make one as soon as possible. I gathered all the supplies this afternoon and guess what! I spent just under $10 for everything! I made two of these tiered organizers for under $10 and with less than an hour of work.



Super Cute Anything Organizer




Supplies needed:

Dinner plate(s) - $1 each
Salad plate(s) or bowl - $1 each
Candle stick(s) - $1 each
Glass glue - or any glue that adheres to glass or ceramic -$3.99
Rubbing alcohol - I already had on hand (Free)

Supplies $10


I purchased everyone but the glue at one of our local Dollar Tree's and purchased the glue at Hobby Lobby for $3.99. You won't use a lot of glue for this project, so your $3.99 is going to go a long way. 


Clean your surfaces
 First, I wanted to make sure the surfaces that the glue would adhere to was clean! For this, I used the rubbing alcohol to remove any residue from the stickers when I peeled them off. 


Next, I turned my salad plate and my bowl over and put glue around the edge of the smaller end of the candle sticks. Follow your glue's directions. Mine suggested giving the glue 1-2 minutes to set prior to adhering the two items. I also let my pieces set as shown for 10-15 minutes so that they wouldn't slide around when I turned them over to adhere the bottom to the dinner plate. Also, do this in a well ventilated area. My kitchen was not the best spot. 

Cute candy dish?
Honestly, at this point you could stop and have a really cute candy dish or whatever else your heart desires. I was testing to make sure my bowl wouldn't slide around while I was working with the bottom.


Place your glue around the edge of the wider end of your candle stick and carefully place into the center of your plate. Let dry! My glue said it's cure time is 24 hours. 

Bathroom organizer
The hardest part for me is the wait, so I carefully took this one into the bathroom to take a couple of pictures!

Go. Do. Create and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment