Monday, January 28, 2013

Of course I can sew!

What was I thinking?? I'm no seamstress. I can make a cute little girl's dress out of fabric that's already been shirred and I can sew a button back onto your shirt. On a good day, I'll fix that seam that ripped.

I've been wanting a yoga style maxi skirt for a while now. I can only imagine it would be as comfy as my yoga pants. I found a super easy tutorial and had to give it a go. Armed with my sewing machine, my directions, and my fabric, I went at it and I failed. I failed not once, but twice. The only thing that came out of it was realizing I can make the fold over style yoga waistband. 

I decided to go about it a different way and went and bought a couple of patterns for different style skirts and I'm going to try adding the waistband to one of those. Hopefully, this next one will be successful. 

What are some of your biggest disasters? Did you push forward anyway?

Go. Do. Create and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment