Sunday, January 20, 2013

Funky Decoration

I've been struggling the last couple of weeks to pick decorations for A's 4th birthday. She decided around Christmas that she would rather have a mermaid party than a princess party. I'm not sure any of you know, but in January it's incredibly hard to buy anything mermaid related. I knew I was going to have to make some things, but didn't realize how much I may have to make. Never fear, I love a craft...or five.

Yesterday's craft gave me an idea for funky little serving dishes for candy or whatnot. Originally, I was going to use clear glass bowls, then I saw these colorful little glass containers. The blue/green combination is going to work perfectly for the mermaid theme!

Supplies obtained at Dollar Tree (again!)
I followed the same directions I used to make the tiered storage trays. If you didn't see that post, click here for instructions. 

I made two and absolutely adore the way they tuned out. I can't wait to get more supplies and see what else I can create!

Go. Do. Create and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment