Sunday, January 6, 2013

They like me. They really like me!

Ok, so it isn't everyone, but...

Yesterday, a friend of Bran's messaged me and told me she loved my photos and would like me to do her wedding in April. I was incredibly hesitant about saying yes, but in the end I agreed. It's a great opportunity. I'll get the chance to see if portrait/wedding photography is something I'm into or if I want to continue taking photos for the family and doing what I know I love, landscapes.

Now comes the hard part for me, pricing. I read a lot about this yesterday and saw many different opinions. Some said that if you've never done it before, do it for free. Others said to think about the time you're putting into it. A good friend, and more experienced photographer, told me that for every hour I shoot, there will be at least an hour of post production. I'm still not sure what to tell this girl that I will charge. I won't be doing it for free, but I won't charge something that I'm not yet worth.

Either way, I'm really excited (and nervous) about the opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment